Rules For the Free Provo River Kids Fishing Derby..
1. Registration is required, either prior to the event or in person on the day of the event.
2. Open to the first 40 teams.
3. Teams consist of (1) adult and (1) child.
4. Check-in is 9:30am - 1pm. The tournament shall run from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Awards at 4pm.
5. Adult supervision is required for all age groups.
6. All fishing rules of the Utah Department of Natural Resources & Wildlife will apply.
7. The tournament is catch and release only.
8. Contestants are responsible for providing all necessary supplies to fish in the tournament (digital camera, tape measure, fishing pole, fishing line, hooks, etc.).
9. Adults can help tie on hooks, net fish, remove fish hooks and untangle lines, but MAY NOT cast and retrieve for the children.
10. Only one pole in the water at a time per child (contestants can have back-ups ready).
11. Anglers are only allowed to fish on the Middle Provo River.
12. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes and awards will be presented for longest trout. The longest trout will be determined by photo proof. Tiebreaker - next largest fish and/or most fish caught will determine winner.
13. Age Categories are as follows:
Ages 3 - 9
Ages 10 – 15
14. All participants and adult supervisors must show good sportsmanship at all times.
15. Please do not leave litter at the fishing site.
16. Remember this a FREE event and is all about having fun fishing while enjoying your time together!